Garage Erupts In Flames In Fox Chapel, Owner Rescues 2 Dogs

Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

FOX CHAPEL (KDKA) — Two dogs were rescued when a garage went up in flames early Friday morning in Fox Chapel.


The fire was first reported just before 7 a.m. at a residence on Sweet Water Lane.


(Photo Credit: KDKA)


According to the fire chief, the owner opened his garage this morning to find the structure fully engulfed in flames.


He managed to get his two dogs out of their kennels, and all three escaped the fire safely.


Officials say the fire was confined to the garage; however, it did cause some smoke damage to the house.


(Photo Credit: KDKA Photojournalist Brian Smithmyer)


No injuries were reported.


Officials have not yet said what sparked the fire.


Stay with KDKA for the latest details.